After 47 episodes we’re closing the book in another year of podcasting. We missed 5 episodes which is not bad for publishing every week. We run this podcast in addition to our careers and while being with our families.
We’ve certainly enjoyed the process along the way and have learned a lot. There was plenty to learn since we’re still in the pandemic.
This year we were able to top 525k all-time downloads of the podcast. We’re happy with the results since we focus on Clear To Send part-time, only utilizing social media to share our episodes. And with the reshares from our listeners, we’re super grateful for your support!
The show is now surpassing 15k downloads per month. A big shift for the podcast since July 2020. Around this time we thought downloads would decrease due to people staying home and doing less traveling.
But as we approach 2021, we want to ask for your help by filling out our yearly listener survey. It allows us to learn how we’re doing and to learn more about our listeners.
We want to give shoutouts to those who have been our top supporters and who have been active in our Slack workspace:
Here are some statistics for the podcast.
Top 10 Episodes of 2020
- CTS 205: 5 Tips for Migrating to the Cisco Catalyst 9800
- CTS 206: A Look Into 802.11k
- CTS 223: How Does an Antenna Work?
- CTS 211: A look into 802.11v
- CTS 209: Python and Wi-Fi
- CTS 204: CWNP Certifications
- CTS 207: The New CWNP Track with Tom Carpenter
- CTS 202: Building a Lab
- CTS 218: 6GHz PSD & AFC with Chuck Lukaszewski
- CTS 213: How to Approach a Wi-Fi Validation Survey
Top 10 Countries Listening
- United States
- United Kingdom
We did set engagement goals at the beginning of the year. Here’s how we did.
- Twitter: get to 3500 followers. Previously it was 2606. Currently at 3190.
- LinkedIn: get to 1000 followers. Previously it was 588. Currently at 1049.
- Slack: grow the community to 400. Previously it was 242. Currently at 441.
- Email list: grow it to 1000. Previously it was 724. Currently at 896.
We released our first course, A Practical Guide to Wi-Fi Site Surveys and learned a lot from the whole process.
There’s a lot of work into designing and making an online course. Aside from making course material, we also needed to learn how to distribute and sell the course.
We’re still learning as we go but here are some course numbers.
- Total number of enrolments: 33
- Total number of sales: 32
- Total of completed courses: 2 (100%), 4 (76% to 99%)
Thank you to you, the listener. We are aiming to give you more value in 2021. We appreciate you taking the time to listen to our podcast episodes. We’re open to any feedback. Feel free to leave it in the comments below or leave feedback through our contact form.
Join the discussion