Wow what a conference. Cisco Live 2016 met my expectations and more. With over 28,000 attendees we filled Las Vegas throughout the strip. At the Cisco Live, we collectively used about 40 TB of traffic! Impressive numbers. I have to give props to those who help set up the conference, especially WiFi. There were times it was slow but it worked very well for me for the rest of the conference.
With so many sessions available for us to wrap our heads around, there were a few that stuck out the most. In this episode, I provide some of my notes from the following sessions:
- BRKEWN-2000 – Design and Deployment of Wireless LANs for Real Time Applications
- BRKEWN-2017 – Understanding RF Fundamentals and the Radio Design of 802.11n/ac Networks
- BRKEWN-2019 – 7 Ways To Fail As A Wireless Expert
- BRKEWN-3000 – Analyzing and Fixing Wi-Fi Issues with Cisco WLC tools and Packet Capture Analysis
- BRKEWN-3011 – Advanced Troubleshooting of Wireless LANs
One of my favorite sessions was the Meet the Engineer with Matt Swartz and surprisingly, Jim Florwick. To have some of Cisco's finest WiFi experts was a great honor. The knowledge bombs they dropped were gold. Thank you to both for meeting with me.
And of course, the community. It was great to see my friend Robert Boardman again. Someone give him an alarm clock! It was great meeting Mitch Dickey, Brennan, Scott McDermitt, and Jerry Olla in person.
Till next year!