Our guest, Kjetil Teigen Hansen is a System Engineer at Conscia Norge AS in Norway.
In this episode, we have a discussion on how he leverages Grafana to graph Wi-Fi telemetry data from the Cisco Catalyst C9800.
Telemetry data is network monitoring data streamed from network devices.
Kjetil has built his own dashboards with Telegraf, InfluxDB, and Grafana. The reason for creating these dashboards was to help with Wi-Fi client troubleshooting. It helped him save a lot of time and get around the limitations of SNMP.
- WiFi Training – https://wifitraining.com/course-detail/streaming-telemetry-w-cisco-9800
- Dave Benham’s blog – https://www.wifireference.com/2020/01/14/viewing-network-telemetry-from-the-catalyst-9800-with-grafana/
- Follow Kjetil on Twitter – https://twitter.com/mrTeigen
- Grafana: https://grafana.com/grafana/
- Influx DB: https://www.influxdata.com/products/influxdb-overview/
- Telegraf: https://www.influxdata.com/time-series-platform/telegraf/