Eric Johnson talks about how MIMO works. We also talked about outdoor Wi-Fi, MU-MIMO and 802.11ax.
We interviewed Nick at Cisco Live US 2018 at the Ekahau booth (he works for Ekahau). He is the reason why Ekahau template reports are so popular. You should also check out his blog where he shares some of his Mac Giver skills.
Here are the main topics discussed during this episode:
- History of MIMO and when it got introduced in Wi-Fi communications
- Presentation of what MIMO is and how it works
- What are the differences between SISO and MIMO
- What is antenna diversity? Why does it help to use multiple antennas?
- How do we obtain multiple spatial streams?
- Does MIMO work outdoor?
- What is cross polarization and why is it useful outdoor?
- What is Tx beamforming and how is it related to MU-MIMO?
Eric shared a lot of useful information and it was not always easy to explain it in an audio format! Listening to him, we could picture his hands moving while explain some concepts. We would like to thank him for taking the time to participate and share some valuable knowledge.
We ended the interview on a positive note about MU-MIMO and 802.11ax.