Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Does your Wi-Fi network make the naughty or nice list? We created a checklist of top 5 bad things that can harm user experience over Wi-Fi and the top 5 good things that can make a good user experience over Wi-Fi.
Let’s have a little fun with it. We added couple of extras in there for you. There’s also have a giveaway at the end of this episode.
This list is not to fully suggest your Wi-Fi network is good or not. There are many factors that go into that decision. Let your user experience really decide 🙂
- Wi-Fi authentication is using PSK
- Using a splash page
- Your Wi-Fi is throttling users
- The Wi-Fi infrastructure is still on aging controllers
- Hidden Open SSID
- 40 MHz wide channels on 2.4GHz and 80MHz wide on 5GHz by default
- Cool 802.11 amendments not supported by all (802.11kvrw)
- Wi-Fi has embraced 5 GHz channels
- The Wi-Fi network uses external antennas
- The minimum basic rate has been increased
- Wi-Fi infrastructure is controller-less
- Single Band SSID
Links and Resources
IT Blog Awards – Vote for us before the contest is over on January 4th, 2019! Help us win this one!
Listener Survey – We’re gearing up for 2019 and we need your input. It only takes 5 minutes and it helps us improve the show!