Mobility Field Day offers the opportunity for vendors to present what they have been working on in front of a group of talented delegates. It usually generates really good conversations and interactions.
This year, Mobility Field Day will be taking place in Silicon Valley from August 14th to August 16th . The event is organized by a company called Gestalt IT.
Event website: https://techfieldday.com/event/mfd4/
List of Delegates
- Dave Benham – @BaldWiFiGuy
- Haydn Andrews – @TheWLAN
- Jake Snyder – @JSnyder81
- Jennifer Minella – @jjx
- Jonathan Davis – @SubNetwork
- Keith Parsons – @KeithParsons
- Lee Badman – @WiredNot
- Manon Lessard – @Mae149
- Sam Clements – @Samuel_Clements
- Scott Lester – @theITrebel
- Tim Dennehy – @JustDoWiFi
- François Vergès – @VergesFrancois
List of Companies Presenting
- Aruba HPE
- Cisco Systems
- Mist Systems (Juniper)
- Secret Company
Note: we didn’t talk about Cisco on the show since we recorded this episode before we knew that they were going to be presenting.
Our Overall Expectations
- Talks around Wi-Fi 6 and its implementation
- Talks around AI
- Talks around ways to ease the monitoring and configuration of Wi-Fi networks
- Hear about new products and solutions
Expectations from Aruba (HPE)
- Presentation of their Wi-Fi 6 APs
- Hope to see some demos and see OFDMA in action (we have seen in on twitter) https://twitter.com/OguzhanEren802/status/1149378074309472256
- Would love to hear about real-world deployments
- Talks around the cloud-based solution
- They released a new version of Aruba Central recently
- It would be nice to hear more about it
- Maybe talks around security
- Clearpass to secure IOT
- Clearpass to provide more visibility
Expectations from Cisco
- Presentation of their new Catalyst Wireless controller: C9800-L
- Here is a video from wise TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=7nzBFhNZ1WE
- Presentation of a new Wi-Fi 6? We know that they are working on the Aironet 3800 series equivalent. They might be ready to announce them
- Talk around Wi-Fi 6
- They just release their new controller code supporting OFDMA: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/16-12/release-notes/rn-16-121-9800.html#id_102180
- Talk around WPA3
Expectations from Fortinet
- Don’t really know what to expect from Fortinet.
- Maybe they will come with something new?
- Will we be talking about Single Channel Architecture? Is it the end of it?
- Will they be announcing new Wi-Fi 6 FortiAPs?
Expectations from Metageek
- Very exciting to have them on this year!
- I would expect them to talk about their Wi-Spy Air solution
- We have heard about potential improvement to the popular Eye P.A. application
- Ryan Woodings from Metageek sent out a tweet. We can see him working on the application: https://twitter.com/ryanwoodings/status/1151139407354662914
- I would love to see Eye P.A. available on macOS as well as being able to do live packet capture analysis on macOS as well.
Expectations from Mist
- We are pretty much sure they will be presenting their new Wi-Fi 6 APs
- Here again, hope to see some demos and see OFDMA in action (we have seen it on Twitter too) https://twitter.com/Robb_404/status/1153810151196876800
- Maybe a demos of other 11ax features implemented
- Curious to know about where they AI stand today (going to Bob’s interview on the show)
- Would like to learn more about their growth (outside of the US)
- Would like to see how the merge can empower them
- Seriously no idea who that can be…
- Other vendor: Ubiquiti? Everest Networks?
- Software company?
Let us know what are your expectations for the event in the comments.
Don’t forget to tune in and watch the event live at https://techfieldday.com/event/mfd4/.
Join the discussion