François goes into what it means to be an engineer.
Meet Daniel Cavazos
Daniel resides in San Antonio, Texas and is a Wireless Infrastructure Sales Engineer for Ventev.
Sorry, Daniel! We thought we had a photo of you but we must have missed it!
What Does It Mean To Be An Engineer
Definitions of an engineer:
A person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
A person qualified in a branch of engineering, especially as a professional.
My Definition of an Engineer
- Finding solutions to complex problematics
- The goal of an Engineer is to solve a problem most of the time complex problem involving a high level of technical skills
- Designing a new solution, a new Wi-Fi network
- Updating and maintaining a Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Troubleshooting a Wi-Fi issues
- All these tasks require us to understand what we are doing
Embrace the challenge
- Once you understand this, you have to embrace it
- Problem solving
- Embrace problems
- See them as a challenge rather than something negative. I really started to appreciate that idea working with more experienced Engineer
- Be able to understand the WHY
- Planning / Research
- Be able to know HOW to
- Be thorough and methodical
- You need to be able to support the solution you are proposing
Not only the technical skills
- You need to be able to communicate
- With other Engineers
- With less technical persons
- Explain and sometimes sell your solution to management
- You need to be able to document your work
- In a very detailed way for your peers
- In a summarized way for management
What do you think? Is it how you see your job? What other aspects of working as an Engineer are important?
Join Clear To Send
Come join the Clear To Send community.