Our special guest, Anand Srinivas of Nyansa, joins the show to discuss Wi-Fi analytics with their platform Nyansa Voyance. As many organizations are shifting towards getting data usage on the Wi-Fi networks, Nyansa helps fill that void. Anand provides us his insight into analyzing data from our wireless networks.
Wi-Fi Analytics with Nyansa Voyance
Anand Srinivas is the co-founder and CTO of Nyansa, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. He has his masters and PhD from MIT in wireless and algorithms. Anand has held previous roles at Airvana, Plexxi, Overture and now finally at Nyansa. The focus of Nyansa is to enable enterprises in different verticals to get a handle and insights into user experience on wireless networks.
Anand’s team takes a look at various wireless client transactions with the network, applications, etc. and analyzes all of the collected data to bring user experience into a visual dashboard.
I wanted to bring Anand onto the podcast to talk about Wi-Fi analysis because of this trend where many organizations are trying to get more data out of the network and what the users are doing on that network.
Here are the topics we talk about on the podcast:
- How Nyansa gets visibility
- Taking the client perspective
- Looking across the entire stack
- Using real clients transactions as ‘sensors’
- What is “network analytics”, “big data”, “machine learning”, etc.?
- Every vendor says they do analytics. How do you define or view analytics differently? Or do you? What makes Nyansa unique in this space?
- How do enterprises justify the cost or value of your analytics system?
- What packets, fields are analyzed by Nyansa to perform the analysis?
- Interesting story from people using Nyansa.
Links and Resources
Screenshots of Nyansa Voyance
Join Clear To Send
Come join the Clear To Send community.